TFK is a locally owned business, established in 2004. Owner and Chief Instructor Keith A. Mutch has been teaching martial arts for over 22 years.TFK offers:
- Experienced, patient instructors,
- Opportunities for community involvement and personal development,
- 'Just for fun' activities like Movie Nights
- A friendly, supportive atmosphere,
- Programs for people aged 4 to adult,
- Multiple class times for your convenience,
- A spacious, clean facility in a convenient location with ample parking.
The Courage of Compassion
The more confident you are in your ability to defend yourself, the more reasoned and compassionate you can be in your response to a challenging situation.
When a conflict or challenge arises, the mind and body training our students receive allows them to respond rather than just react, whether the challenge is a bully, a bad day at work, or a violent confrontation.
Commitment to CommunityKeith has been teaching and living in Torrington for over 20 years. Supporting and being a part of our community is important to us at TFK. Learn more!
Keith A. Mutch
Owner & Chief Instructor
Keith has been teaching martial arts for 25 years, and opened Torrington Family Kempo in 2004.
Certified instructors have put in dozens of hours on the floor and off and met our rigorous requirements for certification.
Our Student Team of Role Models assist our instructors in class, gaining valuable leadership experience while passing on their knowledge to our lower-ranking kids.